Product Management leader with a proven ability to define product strategy, lead implementation, and increase revenue using data-driven analysis. User Experience champion focused on creating beautiful software. Visionary champion of cross-cultural, international, and start up teams. Extensive domestic and international experience across a wide spectrum of technologies and customer segments.
Chronus, LLC | Seattle, WA | 2014 – 2016
Vice President | Product Management
- Product owner for the platform and all components and design.
- Defined product strategy.
- Initiated creation of a new career development portal for the healthcare market.
- Championed deeper use of metrics and analytics in the organization.
- Maintained deep relationships with customers and analysts to identify needs, industry trends, and create innovative solutions.
- Initiated design effort to update the visual look and feel of the software, and to migrate to a responsive UI.
Microsoft Corporation | Redmond, WA / Shanghai, PRC | 1998 – 2012
Principal Program Manager | Windows Phone
- Significantly improved quality of OS Updates through data-driven approach.
- Discovered requirements from OEMs, mobile network operators, and Windows Phone customers.
- Owned multiple, complex internal and external dependencies.
- Led team of UX designers to design a beautiful feature.
- Active member of the core OS leadership team.
Product Unit Manager | Windows Server
- Built and directed a new global engineering team for 3 core Windows products: Windows Home Server, Windows Small Business Server, and Windows Essential Business Server.
- Created program to implement and quantitatively measure expansion of core engineering competencies in development, test, program management, user experience, and release management.
- Defined overall team scope, operations, communications, engineering processes, and best practices.
- Took full ownership of Windows Small Business Server 2011, the first product fully developed in Shanghai.
- Executive Sponsor of two impactful programs:
- User Experience team in Shanghai, including all UX designers working on any Server and Tools business project in Shanghai.
- Front Line program, offering engineers a unique professional development experience through onsite assignments to customer locations.
- Directed a multi-million-dollar budget.
- Shipped three key products:
- Media Streaming
- Remote access
- Core networking
- Owned sustained engineering for all three core products in addition to Windows Server Foundation.
Group Program Manager | Systems Management Server
- Defined and directed Program Management efforts for System Center Configuration Manager 2007 with a staff of 25 Program Management professionals and an additional virtual team of 150.
- Grew product revenue from $200 million to $750 million.
- As individual contributor, led a virtual team of more than 25 to develop and ship System Management Server (SMS) 2003 features, including Software Distribution and Software Metering.
- Improved quality of Software Distribution from 60% success rate to 99.7% through the use of deep quantitative analysis.
- Owned product strategy, release vision, resource planning, scheduling, and customer validation.
University of California, Los Angeles | 2009
National University of Singapore | 2009
Computer Information Systems
Minor, Digital Voice and Data Communication
St. Cloud State University | 2006
Consultant | Microsoft Corporation
Technical Consultant | Born Information Services | 1997 – 1998
Analyst | Accenture (Andersen Consulting) | 1996 – 1997
Information Systems Technician, Multimedia Artist | HealthPartners | 1992 – 1996
Program execution service windows | Pending (20070150815)